Even though you can benefit from energy booster drink, which is available on reportshealthcare.com, keep in mind that it isn’t the main source of energy. Food is the energy source of the human body to perform various activities. Food can be a source of energy because there are substances that become the source of calories. Here are 3 food substances that act as an energy source:
Carbohydrates are chemicals composed of elements C, H, and O. Foods rich in carbohydrates are rice, corn, cereals, potatoes, flour, wheat, sugar, tubers, and sweet fruits. Carbohydrates serve as an energy source of about 4 kcal (kilocalories) per 1 gram of carbohydrate. There are three types of carbohydrates:
– Monosaccharides such as glucose, fructose, and galactose.
– Disaccharides such as sucrose, lactose, and maltose.
– Polysaccharides such as starch, cellulose, and glycogen.
Proteins are chemical compounds that contain elements of C, H, O, N, and sometimes also contain elements of P and S. 1 gram of protein to produce 4 calories. There are two types of proteins based on the source:
– Animal protein, for example, meat, fish, eggs, milk, and cheese.
– Vegetable protein, for example, beans, tofu, tempeh, and wheat.
Fat is a chemical compound that contains elements C, H, and O. Fat energizes 9 kilocalories per gram, dissolves vitamins A, D, E, K, and provides essential fatty acids for the human body. Fat is thought to be harmful to health after showing a correlation to death from coronary heart disease with abundant fat consumption and fat content in the blood. Coronary heart disease occurs when the blood vessel is blocked or narrowed. This sort of thing is because the fat deposits gradually accumulate in the artery walls. There are two types of fat according to the source:
– Animal fats, such as cheese, milk, meat, and egg yolks.
– Vegetable fats, for example, coconut, pecan, nuts, and avocado fruit.